This explains how I setup the Flex Builder Plug-in to Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo). Most this information came from Lee Brimelow‘s Pimp My Eclipse articles. I have just widdled it down to something that I can reference for new quick installs. It’s definitely a work in progress and it has not been tested on a Mac.
Install Eclipse 3.5 (Galileo)
Download and install Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (189 MB). Move content to C:\Program Files.
Install Flex Builder 3 Plug-in
• Download FB3_WWEJ_Plugin and install at C:\Program Files\Adobe and associate it with the C:\Program Files\eclipse directory.
• Edit your C:\Program Files\eclipse\links\com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.core.link file by adding “path=” before the path.
Should be : path=C:/Program Files/Adobe/Flex Builder 3 Plug-in.
Installing CFEclipse Plug-in
• Select Help > Install new software… menu option.
• Type http://www.cfeclipse.org/update into the Work with box and press Add….
• Type CFEclipse into the Name field and press OK.
• Tick CFEclipse (including CFUnit and Frameworks) and press Next.
Snip Tree View
Watch the GoToAndLearn video Customizing Flex Builder for Flash for details on setting up.
- • Flex Formatter is an extremely useful plugin for FlexBuilder / FlashBuilder that formats your ActionScript code (AS3) and MXML according to a broad range of settings, and helps you to generate ASDoc comments automatically. It is free, and opensource.http://flexformatter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/FlexFormatter/FlexPrettyPrintCommandUpdateSite/
• New tool bar will appear after restarting Eclipse.
• Import Lee Brimelow’s settings, unzip them, and import them through Flex Formatter’s preferences.
Download .ico and .icns versions and swift the shortcut icon.
Download Random Splash Screen Plug-in that allows you to customize it. Download this plug-in and put it into your Eclipse plug-ins folder. Restart Eclipse and then go into the Preferences window. Under the General section you should see the Random Splash Screen option. From the preferences screen you can click to the pick link to choose a new splash screen. I modified this one.